Language is fluid and changing and words are coined all the time to describe phenomena that we didn’t have a need to describe before, or never got around to describing before.
If you don’t have the words to fit your gender or your body, make them up.
You can invent your own words to suit your experience, you can cobble them together from the roots of other words or languages or you can make them up wholesale.
A CLASSIC FUCKING CHRISTMAS - For when you want old, classic, non-remix Christmas songs, dammit.
White Christmas - Bing Crosby // Baby, It’s Cold Outside - Johnny Mercer & Margaret Whiting // I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jimmy Boyd // Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Gene Autry & The Pinafores // Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley // The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late) - The Chipmunks // Do You Hear What I Hear - Bing Crosby // Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt // Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry // Winter Wonderland - Aretha Franklin // (There’s No Place Like) Home for the Holidays - Perry Como // Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Dr. Elmo // Sleigh Ride - Ella Fitzgerald // Jingle Bells - Perry Como // Christmas Time is Here (vocal) - Charlie Brown Christmas // Frosty The Snowman - Gene Autry // Silver Bells - Johnny Mathis // Carol of the Bells - The Boston Pops // Here Comes Santa Claus (Down Santa Claus Lane) - Gene Autry // Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Dean Martin // Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Frank Sinatra // Jingle Bell Rock - Billy Gilman // Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano // Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee // It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Bing Crosby // Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives // ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas - Perry Como // The Twelve Days of Christmas - Glenn Miller Orchestra // Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra // We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Carolers
THE NINE CHOIRS OF HEAVEN. An info-graphic for my editorial class and god am I thankful it’s done. Way too much went into this than what I had time for, but hey… I actually kind of like it?
Now excuse me, I must return to my fashion major lifestyle and go sew a coat u_u
EDIT: Re-uploaded with easier viewing!
(Note: Source Links in the Years)
- 2017: tumblr user thatsmoderatelyraven’s fluffy chicken makes a guest star appearance at the new president’s inauguration. “it’s been my life goal to meet you” says the president
- 2020: tumblr has tripled the amount of blogs registered. Every pun imaginable has been made, all photos of random things in rooms have been taken in HD format, all quotes have been said. There are no more recognizable url’s, even fahjtekysuleirdtyrzdsd and jiput4qwar8tgahwsf8g9bosdiv are taken. It is a dark time. The end is near.
- 2023: Arthur has just begun its 26th season
The new voice actor’s voice has become so squeaky that only Arthur fans’ dogs can hear him
- 2025: scientists are still scrambling to figure out what “zigazig ahh” is so that they can give the spice girls what they really really want
the spice girls are getting impatient
war is upon us
- 2053: a girl lays on her bed wearing vintage ugg boots. ‘I was born in the wrong generation’ she sighs as she listens to taylor swift and cries over a one direction poster.
- 2066: physical contact has been outlawed. hug dealers tenderly embrace people in the dead of night and shady people hold hands in dark streets
- 2068: Sam Winchester is 85 years old. He begins to suffer severe heart problems caused by being old as fuck. Dean gets in his motorized wheelchair and goes to the nearest crossroads at a speed of 3mph and trades his soul for Sam’s life. It is at this point that even the crossroads demons are beginning to worry about the Winchesters’ unhealthy codependency problems.
- 2088: there is only one tree left. the tree is cut down and used to make a newspaper with the headline No More Trees
- 2137: You open your tumblr profile, again after many years. You click on the message box. 1 message. You click on it.
‘Yes, same here! :)’
And you don’t know what it was referring to beacause you don’t have a fucking sent messages box.
- 3009: a group of humans listen to boom boom pow. when fergie says that she is so 3008 they all stand shocked and realise. fergie is now behind the times. fergie herself has become 2000 and late. this is unbelievable news to the humans. hours later the planet descends into war and chaos.
- 4000: 500 years after the last great war.
Humanity survives in small nomadic tribes.
One tribe has uncovered an ancient artifact from before the wars. They believe if they can solve its riddle, they may be able to unite humanity once more.
What’s amazing is how well some of these fit together…
im gonna cry
evidentinvisibles’ winter music playlist [listen]
1. always you - ingrid michaelson; 2. charlie darwin - the low anthem; 3. time to pretend (mgmt cover) - jonsi; 4. timshel - mumford and sons; 5. re:stacks - bon iver; 6. slow it down - the lumineers; 7. brother - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros; 8. hazy - rosi golan ft. william fitzsimmons; 9. lua - bright eyes; 10. ghosts that we knew - mumford and sons; 11. patient love - passenger; 12. beth/rest (studio version) - bon iver; 13. asleep - the smiths